I haven’t blogged much about music lately. I have my favorites, favorite songs and albums and favorite artists too, but I love finding new stuff all the time. Thought I’d share what I’m shuffling lately. It’s just good stuff.
- Kings of Leon is my new favorite band. I heard them on SNL a while back and just can’t get enough. Sex on Fire, Be Somebody, Use Somebody, Manhattan, and Revelry are my favs
- Matt Nathanson is just good stuff. Come on Get Higher just won’t get out of my head
- Amos Lee’s newest album Last Days at the Lodge is as good as any he’s put out and possibly grammy worthy in my opinion. Several of the tracks are getting national airplay but everyone of them are golden
- John Mayer is a staple in my iPod. He’s got an amazing version of Tom Petty’s Free Fallin’ that is as good and fresh as the original
- Matt Wertz released an acoustic version of one of my all time favorites, 5:19
- Ray Lamontagne’s long awaited new album Gossip in the Grain is out this month and is as brilliant and pure a sound as any he’s put out there. It’s sensual, raspy, and bluesy
- Marc Broussard’s new album Keep Comin’ Back is great. I wasn’t a big fan of the last album Save Our Soul. It was a departure from some of his most well known work, but I’ve got to support a Louisiana boy when I can. I haven’t heard all of the new album yet but it sounds great. His duet with Leann Rimes, When It’s Good, is just amazing.
- And of course, there will always be Tracy Chapman, Bruce Springsteen, Will Hoge, and Mindy Smith spinning in my player